Apr 14, 2007

King Of Prussia; Plus Other Ruminations

"Save The Scene" is the debut album from King Of Prussia, who call Athens, Georgia home. Consisting of only 7 tracks, it nonetheless is an extremely promising debut full of catchy pop, delightful melodies and singalong choruses. It opens brightly with the swinging, melodic "Spain In The Summertime" before coming to the rollicking good time feel of "Misadventures Of The Campaign Kids". Highlight song for me is definitely "Cheerleaders", an effortlessly good song which has some great slide guitar to push it along. Try to resist this one. The closer "Physics Never Stood A Chance" impresses as well with its piano lines and hushed tones. Although self released this album doesn't have an amateurish feel. It's confident, bold and has high production values. A band to keep an eye on for sure.

You can purchase "Save The Scene" from their MySpace.
MP3: Misadventures Of The Campaign Kids

Lollapalooza announced their lineup for the 2007 festival which takes places in Chicago, August 3-5, 2007. Pearl Jam and Daft Punk are seen as the headline acts but other bands would have me more excited, including the following-
Modest Mouse
Interpol
My Morning Jacket
Kings of Leon
The Black Keys
Spoon
TV On the Radio
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
The Hold Steady
Cold War Kids
Annuals
Elvis Perkins
Viva Voce

I have been listening to "Because of The Times", the new one from Kings Of Leon a fair bit lately. At the moment I would say it doesn't have the killer songs that "Aha Shake Heartbreak" contained but its a very good listen indeed, despite this review.
MP3: On Call

Annuals are a band that really caught my attention in 2006 with their wonderful debut "Be He Me". At the moment they are touring the US and are keeping a video diary. Part one can be viewed now at Pure Volume.

Its pretty obvious that Pavement were musical perfection. Well here is an excellent write-up on the best 20 Pavement songs ever. I'm still going for "Zurich is Stained".

NOW, some music to enjoy (mostly new)-
Everybody's Down-No Age
Last Year's Rain Didn't Fall Quite So Hard-The Twilight Sad
Walken-Wilco
Dumb Animals-Handsome Furs
No One Would Riot For Less-Bright Eyes
Head Movin'-Shapes and Sizes
Mistaken For Strangers-The National
The Sons of Cain-Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
Fractured Skies-Parts & Labor


ONLY ONE WEEK UNTIL WILCO

4 Comments:

  • At April 15, 2007 , Blogger Rachel said...

    You know I love King of Prussia, honestly they are still holding a spot on my Favorite Albums of 2007 list. So good.

    And yeah one week to you see WILCO! Weeeeeeee!

     
  • At April 15, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    that is a nice line up. I've seen quite a few of the bands - but I'd almost kill to see the annuals, my morning jacket and interpol. too bad it's in chicago.

     
  • At April 15, 2007 , Blogger Wayne Massingham said...

    rachel- it's totally thanks to you that I got into King of Prussia; and I know Wilco is going to be incredible

    nikki-I think I need to get to Chicago somehow; luckily I have seen My Morning Jacket, but I would gladly see them again.

     
  • At December 03, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Once I read a book that it named the Kings of Prussia. Many times, so I wanted to hear something of them, but I canĀ“t find any were!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home