Sep 13, 2007

I Love my new iPod; Plus Other News and Notes

The verdict is in. The new iPod Classic (80GB in black) is a resounding success. If only purely for the reason that I have music to accompany me on my way to and from work again. But there is more. It is so beautifully slim, the sound seems better and the new Cover Flow feature just looks so cool. I actually find myself constantly flicking back and forth looking at all the beautiful artwork. My musical life flashes before me, bringing me memories of all the great music that has enriched my life. And the storage is great. I have put about 800 CDs on my iPod (I didn't realise I owned that many) and still have about 37GB up my sleeve. I figure I have about 300 vinyl albums and another 100 CDs that fill out my musical collection, but they will have to stay where they are for the time being. Thanks Apple, now about that iPhone.

Where is "Strawberry Jam"? I have looked everywhere in Sydney for the latest opus from Animal Collective. I know it leaked ages ago and even I downloaded a few tracks for a taste. But I love to buy CDs and I was kind of expecting a work of this nature would be readily available by now. Oh well, will have to keep searching. I did buy the new Josh Ritter album "The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter". So far, I am very satisfied with that purchase.
MP3: Fireworks-Animal Collective
MP3: To the Dogs or Whoever-Josh Ritter

Portland could be the Indie Rock capital of the world. Slate seem to think so.

"Hate to tell you, but there’s an ENDLESS SUPPLY of good-looking people in this world. In the time it takes you to make it, the machine can find someone else younger, who won’t talk back, to start paying attention to. And now, in the studio, via auto-tune, it can be made to appear that ANYBODY can sing. But not anybody can sing live, not anybody can write a song."

This quote is from a great article from the Lefsetz Letter. You can read it here.

This weekend looks excellent for live music. The Paper Scissors (truly one of our best live bands) headline a great 3 band lineup Friday night at Spectrum. Then Saturday night Silversun Pickups escape the clutches of Snow Patrol to play at a sold out Annandale Hotel.

Some music for your listening pleasure-
MP3: Winged/Wicked Things-Sunset Rubdown
MP3: Used Kids-Earwig
MP3: Curve That Bird-Head of Femur
MP3: A Sunday Smile-Beirut
MP3: Lake Michigan-Rogue Wave
MP3: Despite What You've Been Told-Two Gallants

4 Comments:

  • At September 13, 2007 , Blogger Bill said...

    I agree about the new iPod. I'm loving the look and feel and the higher capacity and the Cover Flow. I have more songs on my iTunes (about 40GB) than I could fit on my old iPod, so now I can get it all on there with plenty of room to spare. Not to mention the videos and movies. Took over 2 hours to do the transfer but I haven't turned mine off since the download finished. Except maybe while I slept.

     
  • At September 13, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My 80GB silver iPod classic arrived on Tuesday and it's simply amazing. I think it's currently the best iPod on the market - though the iPhone ad will tell you otherwise.

     
  • At September 15, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    mate, love the blogs. had the same problem trying to find strawberry jam this week. i was told by a leading edge store near my work that it was to be released on the 15th. red eye records would have it though - its on their bestsellers on their website. normally i find most cd's that are never anywhere else at red eye

     
  • At May 03, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home